904 Union Street, Brooklyn, NY 11215 email@example.com Direct: Cell: 917.544.1680
Innovator, Educator, Coach, Technologist, and Sustainability Leader
True innovator with deep roots in training, educating, coaching and integrating technology with sustainable solutions since 1987, implementing: 1) powerful business models, 2) marketing / CMS and branding strategies, and 3) consistently profitable businesses.
Key SkillsSoft: Hard:
- Problem Solving
- Financial Modeling
- Business Coach / Educator
- Marketing / CMS
- Project Management
State University of New York (SUNY) Stony Brook 2015 – Present
Adjunct Professor Online
Teaching marquee three credit course to undergraduates, fully online.
- Innovated curriculum in 13 modules, over 13 weeks of training.
- Educator for 350+ students in 10 programs: trained in launching businesses
- Developed technology-based 100% online course
- Deliver from the “idea” to “pitch ready” stage with their business concept
- Course integrates innovation, sustainability and communication
Shift Group, Inc. 2012 – Present
Founder/Managing Director/Head Educator Brooklyn, New York
Startup edTech company, with focus on business-to-business clients. Teaching participants how to launch businesses, sustainably, going from idea to pitch-ready stages, mostly online. Course is gamified.
- Manage worldwide marketing / CMS of program
- Built technology via gamification: sustainability in business
- Created 13 modules for 13 weeks of training
- Developed 14 online videos + three templates
Levin Institute 2009 – 2017
Facilitator New York, New York
SUNY Global Center
Taught as a certified facilitator by Kauffman, the world’s largest entrepreneur educator company. In one of most popular programs for New York City Business Solutions, the courses trained local entrepreneurs to create and grow their businesses.
- Delivered 1,600+ classroom hours
- Graduated 2,500+ participants using teamwork
- Led FastTrac New Venture—taught a seven full-day program helping new entrepreneurs with their concept
- Led FastTrac Growth Venture—taught an eight half-day program for existing entrepreneurs
- Led FastTrac Tech Ventures—taught a seven full-day program helping technology startups with their concepts
BEST Coaches, Inc. 2001 – Present
Founder/Head Business Coach Brooklyn, New York
Develop rapid growth strategies to businesses and senior executives in small-to-medium sized companies. Focus on turnaround situations and new vertical market integrations.
- Growing sales 20-200% per client
- Trained 4,000 people in 13 countries (so far)
- Raised $13 million (so far)
- Build leadership, teamwork and problem solving
- Implement financial modeling and achieve innovative goals
Columbia University 2005 – 2010
Instructor New York, New York
Educating students to launch sustainable/environmental businesses. Education courses included:
- Environmental Entrepreneurism— designed and taught what does environmentalism mean to the student and then innovated a business.
- Environmental Intrapreneurism— designed and taught what their definition of sustainability is, communicated the stage the corporation is in, and built a business from their leadership-related sustainable product or service.
VentureMate, Inc. 1999 – 2001
Founder, President/CEO New York, New York
Integrated technology, combining exceptional international market knowledge with practiced business experience for a startup global platform for improving efficiency and liquidity in the private equity marketplace. This platform supported a network of private investors and entrepreneurs in the value creation process.
- Raised $1 million in startup capital
- Built seven major strategic allies and partnerships
- Built a powerful teamwork system of senior management and board members
- Implemented financial modeling for the business
- Oversaw design and development of complex Internet web site
Earth General, Inc. 1991 – 1998
Founder, President/CEO Brooklyn, New York
Fueled expansion of special product offerings for sustainability general stores. Stocked and sold 3,500+ products in 16 departments, ranging from organic cotton clothing to all-natural body care products, all-natural bedding and pet supplies.
- Raised over $750,000
- Drove revenues to over $1,000,000
- Integrated new financial modeling strategies
- Championed promotional / community activities
- Managed staff of 15 employees
- Implemented new technology
- Negotiated leases
- Oversaw innovative build-out and store designs
- Implemented powerful marketing strategies
- CitiCorp, Inc. IS Manager New York, New York
- Metallgesellschaft, Inc. Senior Systems Analyst New York, New York
- Information Builders, Inc. Project Leader, PC Group New York, New York
Accomplishments and Distinctions
- New York Business Plan Competition Co-Host for NYC Region Student Business Plan Contest
- Gowanus—Community Advisory Group Member Superfund Cleanup
- Soaring Geese Co-Founder & Director Peer Coaching Group
- Hub of the Hood Founder & Director Sustainable Community
- One Earth Director Environmental Education
- New York Council for Sustainable Industries Founding Member Environmental Businesses
- Brooklyn Center for Urban Environment Board Member Urban Parks
Education and Professional Licenses
- Pace University MBA, Information Systems New York, New York
- James Madison University BBA, Management Information Systems Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Landmark Education Business Coach, Leadership, Education, New York, New York
- Kauffman Foundation Educator– Entrepreneurship New York, New York